0 - 499.99
500 - 999.99
Wolflabs is currently the public sector"s top supplier for this range of products through framework agreement LAB5028 LU. A range of densitometers with wavelengths of 565 ± 15 nm or 600nm, using 18mm diameter tube or 16mm tube with adaptor D16, turbidity ranging from 0.0 to 6.0 or 0.30 to 5.00 from Grant Bio and WPA. Also known as turbidity meters applications for these these units include determining concentration of cells (bacterial and yeast cells) in the fermentation process, detecting the susceptibility of micro-organisms to antibiotics, identifying micro-organisms with various test systems, and measuring optical density at fixed wavelength.
WPA CO8000 densitometer from Wolflabs. The CO8000 cell density meter is a small, portable and easy to use instrument for measuring the density of E.coli and yeast cells in suspension at 600nm and has been designed to give comparable readings to other spectrophotometers. Ideal for use in small research labs, where cultures may be grown in 200ml to 5 litre volume conical flasks, the CO8000 may be taken to the area of the lab where the cells are grown or used in incubation cabinets or under anaerobic conditions.
Features and benefits
- Single beam LED cell density meter measures OD at 600nm
- Small, portable with rechargeable battery
- Long lifetime LED source with little maintenance needed
- Easy to use, clean and sterilise
- Stores up to 99 results to download later
Grant Bio DEN-1 and DEN-1B densitometers from Wolflabs. Compact and efficient benchtop densitometers for measuring turbidity of cell suspensions in a variety of life-science applications. The densitometers are designed and factory calibrated to measure turbidity in the range of 0.3 to 15.0 McFarland units (DEN-1) 0.00 to >15.00 McFarland units (DEN-1B) with a small standard deviation. If required, they can deliver a wider measurement range (up to 15.00 McFarland units), but with a greater standard deviation.
Features and benefits
- Measurement range: 0.5 to 4.0 McFarland units (DEN-1), 0.0 to >7.5 McFarland units (DEN-1B)
- Measurement time : 1 second
- Precision: ±3%
- Readings, conveniently shown in McFarland units, are clearly visible on the bright LED display
- Factory calibrated - retains calibration without power supply
- Can be user calibrated with commercial standards or cell suspensions prepared in the laboratory
- Designed for tubes with an outer diameter of 18mm. 16 mm tubes can also be accommodated by using the optional tube adaptor D-16
- Extremely compact design with small footprint and low profile - fits easily into the smallest workspace
- DEN-1b - either battery powered by 3 x AAA or via external power supply
New product category 'Densitometers' has been added to the website along with WPA's CO8000 model.
New densitometer from Grant has been added to the website. DEN-1 has a wavelength of 565 ± 15
Wolflabs,Colenso House,1 Deans Lane,Pocklington, YORK,YO42 2PX