LAB1021 AP framework - K241
This product is currently being evaluated for framework agreement LAB1021 AP as it has the following minimum requirements.
- A motorised lid interlock system that prevents user access to the rotor whilst it is in motion and prevents the rotor turning whilst the lid is open
- The rotor bowl, lid and external casing must be sufficiently robust to be able to contain the rotor and all samples therein in the event a rotor or drive spindle failure
- A range of interchangeable rotor options, including swing-out or fixed-angle rotors, with a variety of bucket/tube capacities.
- Rotor imbalance detection and cut out
- A variable speed controller with the potential of centrifugation up to 20,000rpm although it is realised that some rotors will not be capable of this speed. (This unit has a maximum speed of 15,000rpm). The accuracy of the rotor speed against the display should be no more than ±100rpm or ±1%, whichever is the least.
- A facility to control the acceleration/deceleration rates of the rotor.
- An adjustable timer to control the duration of centrifugation with a minimum range of 1 minute to 99 hours
- A cooling system that does not utilise CFC refrigerants
- Straightforward, self-evident controls requiring the minimum of training
- Legible digital display(s) capable of showing set time, temperature and speed and actual time, temperature and speed
- Electrical operation utilising a plug in or hard-wired isolated 30 Amp, single phase supply at 230V 50Hz or from a 230 volt, AC (50hz), power supply with a three-pin plug top to BS1363