Laboratory products from this manufacturer
Sherwood Scientific Ltd is a Development and Manufacturing company producing a range of scientific instruments and apparatus with applications in many industries, education and research. Based in Cambridge, the centre of excellence for the UK, we work with a very wide network of specialists in every area of science and technology.
|Products from this manufacturer||Number of products|
2 products >
10 products >
Other laboratory products -
338 products >
Discounts of almost 15% - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/chloride-meters
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Chloride Meters Sherwood Scientific David Child 22-Nov-2017
Sherwood Scientific M425 flame photometer from Wolflabs. The Model 425 Flame Photometer (475 42 500) expands upon capability of the Model 420 Flame Photometer with addition of an additional detector and filter for Calcium determination.
Features and benefits
- Readings on both channels are linear over the working range.
- There are several monitoring and control functions included in the firmware driving the model 420 thus measurements can only be made after blanking and calibration.
- Can operate in Continuous or Peak mode. In Continuous mode the instrument displays the current value on each channel and through the analogue ports. An instantaneous reading can be printed at any time. In Peak mode the unit automatically detects a stable reading for transfer to a printer or computer and the display is frozen until the next sample is introduced.
- The model 425 expands upon capability of the model 420 with addition of an additional detector and filter for Calcium determination. It also offers the “301 mode” feature which allows connection to a number of the more popular continuous flow systems.
- Both the 420 and 425 have RS232 output for printer or computer connection and are compatible with our model 860 Autosampler for unattended sample analysis.
- Both models may be used with the model 805 continuous flow diluter, again in-conjunction with or without the model 860 Autosampler.
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Flame Photometers Sherwood Scientific David Suddaby 01-Sep-2017
Sherwood Scientific M420 flame photometers from Wolflabs. The Model 420 Clinical Flame Photometer was developed from the Single Channel Model 410 Flame Photometer, with the objective of improving productivity and analytical performance, when measuring Sodium and Potassium. It is available in Clinical (475 42 000) or Industrial (475 42 100) format with appropriate NIST traceable calibration solution concentrates.
Features and benefits
- Dual Channel operation, allowing both Sodium and Potassium to be calibrated, measured and displayed simultaneously.
- The Model 420 Flame Photometer retains many of the Model 410's attributes: ease of use, ease of maintenance and stable flame design but is enhanced with auto flame optimisation, internal standard referencing and on-board firmware to achieve significant improvement in sample throughput and precision.
- The time taken to set up and calibrate the instrument is much reduced; achieved by automatic ignition and optimisation of the flame conditions.
- The analytical performance is improved by the use of a Lithium Internal Standard signal which compensates for fluctuation in flame conditions.
- There are several monitoring and control functions included in the firmware; thus measurements can only be made after blanking and calibration.
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Flame Photometers Sherwood Scientific David Suddaby 22-Jul-2017
Sherwood Scientific M410 Classic flame photometer from Wolflabs. The Model 410 Classic Flame Photometer (475 41 200) comes with Sodium, Potassium and Calcium filters.
Features and benefits
- Ease of use with large, accessible, “upfront” work area for calibrator and sample presentation
- Gas control/flame optimisation
- Ease of maintenance with “no-tools” approach to removing; mixing chamber, burner stem and burner
- Element filters easily accessible for cleaning and/or replacement
- Optical “flame-on” and air pressure detectors for instant fail safe flammable gas containment
- “Cool” chimney
- Full CE Compliance.
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Flame Photometers Sherwood Scientific David Suddaby 01-May-2017
Sherwood Scientific M360 flame photometer from Wolflabs. The model 360 retains at its heart, the well respected mixing chamber and burner design which give the model 410 its renowned stability and performance a solid foundation to add the model 420’s auto flame optimisation technology to. Ease of maintenance has been retained as a key feature and in response to current market trends five filters for Sodium, Potassium, Lithium, Calcium and Barium are standard. Available as a single channel analogue unit in a competitively priced build design, the model 360 makes our proven stable flame and easy to maintain designs available to a greater number of analysts who will gain a better analytical experience than they currently do from operating low cost units.
Features and benefits
- Five element (Na, K, Li, Ca, Ba) single channel flame photometer
- Ergonomic design with front loading, unobstructed sample work area, with removable tray for easy cleaning
- With ease of use resulting from auto ignition and flame optimisation
- Peak picker for presenting unambiguous readings and selected filter indicator
- Safety features including fail safe flame detection and shut off
- High sensitivity with fine manual control of air, and stable flame design
- Ease of maintenance and storage
- Separate pneumatic and electronic pods
- Small footprint (20 x 30cm)
- Easy to remove and clean filter stick
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Flame Photometers Sherwood Scientific David Suddaby 06-Feb-2017
Archived product specifications
The following information relates to archived product specifications. To see current content and products from this manufacturer, please look in the Products from this manufacturer tab.
Chloride analyser Sherwood Scientific M926
Designed for the determination of chloride ions, the Sherwood Scientific Chloride analysers are an instrumental analogue of “Argentimetry”; the traditional titrimetric methods using silver nitrate reagent. Like those classic methods, the 926 and 926S rely on formation of the insoluble salt, silver chloride.