The Micro Centaur is a bench top machine designed specifically for centrifuging small capacity tubes up to 2ml. Its small size and weight make it ideal for transporting by hand, and also using in laboratories where space is at a premium. With its variable speed and space-saving dimensions, the Micro Centaur is ideal for hospital and research laboratories, and for applications such as amino acid analyses, enzymatic, biochemical and immuno assays, and for the separation of physiological fluids. With its innovative Top Mounted Rotor, the Micro Centaur provides unsurpassed access for loading, unloading or cleaning. This will be most appreciated when working with toxic or Bio-Hazardous materials. If spilled, these materials will not enter the centrifuge but remain in the rotor, which is removed easily for autoclaving.
- Convenient Top–Mounted Rotor
- So much easier to load, empty or clean than rotors in wells. The rotor removes quickly for autoclaving. In case of an accident, spilled liquids or broken tubes remain in the rotor, not in the centrifuge.
- Timer or 'Pulse' Operation
- For short spins or manual operation, simply press the ‘Pulse’ button. For automatically controlled spins of longer duration, the timer can be set for intervals of up to 30 minutes.
- Incredibly Light and Small
- Weighs only 6.0 kg. So light and small (200 x 188 x 212mm when closed), it can be easily carried into a cold room, or another laboratory.
- 18 Tube Capacity
- Three interchangeable adaptor plates come with the centrifuge and accept 12 x 1.5m1, 14 x 0.75m1 or 18 x 0.4m1 micro test tubes, including B-D Microtainer.*
* Microtainer is a trademark of Becton Dickinson and Company.
- Smooth, Quiet Operation
- The aerodynamically designed rotor spins smoothly and quietly, virtually without vibration, even at maximum speed.
- Safety Lid Lock
- An electronic interlock prevents operation of the lid release button while the rotor is in motion. An indicator light signals when the rotor has come to rest and the lid may be opened safely. For emergency situations such as power failures, an override key is provided.