Special Offer - AspiratorsSpecial offers
Discounts of almost 30% - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/aspirators
Aspirator Grant Bio FTA-1 not suitable for hazardous biological or chemical waste, autoclavable canister, 2l/min flow rate, for static use, 1l waste capacity. This unit does not have a liquid level sensor
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Aspirators Grant David Child 08-Oct-2018
Special Offer - Moisture Analyser BalancesSpecial offers
Discounts of over 25% - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/moisture-analyser-balances
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Moisture Analyser Balances Kern & Sohn David Child 07-Oct-2018
Special Offer - Centrifuges - HaematocritSpecial offers
Discounts of over 30% - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/centrifuges-haematocrit
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Centrifuges - Haematocrit Hettich David Child 06-Oct-2018
Special Offer - Radiation BinsSpecial offers
Prices starting at £158 - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/radiation-bins
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Radiation Bins Cleaver Scientific David Child 05-Oct-2018
Special Offer - Homogenisers - High PressureSpecial offers
Prices starting at £871 - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/homogenisers-high-pressure
How to get the best out of your high pressure homogeniser
- It is important that the user identifies the homogenising pressure that will achieve lysis of those particular cells, as pressures that are too low may prove ineffective.
- Pressure and temperature are directly affected by each other. As a general rule, a 1000psi (69bar) increase in pressure results in a 1°C increase in temperature, which could potentially impact homogenisation results negatively – it is therefore important that pressure is controlled.
- Tougher samples generally require higher pressures for processing. In the case of DNA or protein isolation, it is crucial that the optimal homogenising pressure for a particular sample does not induce a temperature high enough to damage sensitive intracellular products.
- Temperature increase may therefore induce an increase in oil viscosity and thus emulsion viscosity, so it can directly and significantly alter the quality of the end product, given optimal viscosity of an emulsion is always crucial. Avestin machines can offer that precise temperature control via compatibility with cooling coils, as well as sanitary heat exchangers.
- It should be noted that some products require high homogenising pressures for processing; however these pressures can damage sensitive products. For example, proteins may be denatured. A solution to this problem lies in lowering the pressure and increasing the number of passes through the machine. Multi-pass, high-pressure homogenisation has been shown to induce higher microbial inactivation than single-pass high-pressure homogenisation of which may be a preference to some.
- In summary, the identification of the optimal parameters when processing samples via high pressure homogenisation, can allow both ease of use and cost-effectiveness.
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Homogenisers - High Pressure Avestin David Child 04-Oct-2018
Special Offer - Balances - AnalyticalSpecial offers
Discounts of over 35% - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/balances-analytical
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Balances - Analytical Ohaus David Child 25-Sep-2018
Special Offer - Freezers - Ultra-Low TemperatureSpecial offers
Discounts of almost 30% - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/freezers-ultra-low-temperature
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Freezers - Ultra-Low Temperature Haier Biomedical UK David Child 24-Sep-2018
Special Offer - Dissolved Oxygen MetersProduct update
Prices starting at £393 - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/dissolved-oxygen-meters
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Dissolved Oxygen Meters Mettler Toledo David Child 23-Sep-2018
Special Offer - Ovens - Hot Air SteriliserSpecial offers
Prices starting at £1059 - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/ovens-hot-air-steriliser
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Ovens - Hot Air Steriliser Haier Biomedical UK David Child 22-Sep-2018
Special Offer - Flame PhotometersSpecial offers
Discounts of almost 30% - https://www.wolflabs.co.uk/laboratory-products/flame-photometers
Flame photometer Cole-Parmer - Jenway PFP7 digital fitted with electronic flame fail safe supplied with Na/K/Li/Ba and Ca filters connecting hoses and clips for use on 230V 50Hz
Flame photometer Cole-Parmer - Jenway PFP7/C digital fitted with electronic flame fail safe supplied with Na/K and Li filters connecting hoses and clips for use on 230V 50Hz
Product category Manufacturer Wolf Staff Date Flame Photometers Cole-Parmer - Jenway David Child 21-Sep-2018